The tourism in the Dominican Republic has met a constant growth during the last decade, which contributed to make this beautiful island one of the most sought after destinations of the Caribbean; and a few years after the giant all-inclusive hotels of Punta Cana, the high standard hotels and luxury residences are the key attractions for the tourists and investors. Hispaniola, the historic name of the island, the first island of the New World, was discovered by Christopher Colomb. The North Coast, and Las Terrenas in particular, had been preserved from the invasion of the gigantic hotels projects and oriented its development toward luxury and individual travellers, offering a reasonable vision of economic and touristic development, and with the environment respect in mind. Villa Sofia is ideally located, close to everything that makes it a perfect touristic destination. Here is a selection 1/2 day or 1 day excursions from Las Terrenas.
CASCADA DE LIMON
The most popular excursion in Las Terrenas !
THE COFFEE ROAD
A 4-wheel tour with a little bit of culture !
The beach of Robinson Crusoë.
Nature and history.
Unspoiled natural village and wild beaches.
What about a grilled lobster on a dream beach ?
Visit to the capital of the Samana Pensinsula.
A trip to Bacardi island.
A local restaurant overlooking waterfalls.
A local flavor !
A day on the sea.
Dive in caves from lake to lake !
Paradise for golfers, the Dominican Republic has about 30 golf courses; some of them are among the most famous in the world, like, for example, Teeth of the Dog in La Romana.
The Golf & Country Club of Las Terrenas is still under construction…
Here is a list of the main golf courses in the country :
- Las Aromas Santiago Golf Club, Santiago,
- Barcelo The Lakes Golf Course, Bávaro,
- Campo de Golf Comunitario Isabel Villas, Santo Domingo,
- Cana Bay Palace Golf Club, Bávaro,
- Catalonia Cabeza de Toro Golf Club, Bávaro,
- Catalonia Caribe Golf Club, Bávaro,
- Corales Golf Course, Punta Cana,
- Dye Fore, La Romana,
- El Cocotal Golf & Country Club,
- Bávaro, Guavaberry Golf & Country Club Juan Dolio,
- Iberostate Bávaro Golf Club, Bávaro,
- Jarabacoa Golf Club, Jarabacoa,
- La Cana Golf Course, Punta Cana,
- La Estancia Golf Resort, La Romana,
- Los Mangos Golf Course, Puerto Plata,
- Metro Country Club Los Marlins Golf Course, Juan Dolio,
- National Golf Course Las Lagunas, Santo Domingo,
- Playa Dorada Golf Club, Playa Dorada,
- Playa Grande, Playa Grande,
- Punta Blanca Golf Club, Bávaro,
- Punta Espada Golf Club, Punta Cana,
- Santo Domingo Country Club, Santo Domingo,
- Teeth of the Dog, La Romana,
- The Links Course, La Romana,
- White Sands Golf Course, Bávaro,
The Dominican Republic is the second biggest island of the Caribbean after Cuba; there is plenty to see.
- Santo Domingo
- Bayahibe and Isla Saona
- Casa de campo, and its mythic golf courses
- Juan Dolio
- Lake Enriquillo
- Cabarete, the kite-surf heaven
- Puerto Plata